[Release Commemoration of La Bella Patria] Gently Giving A Push to Others to Chase After Their Dreams. Interview with Sashide Maria, Voice Actress of Emma Verde

(This is a fan translation. Source: http://gs.dengeki.com/news/143322/)

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club TV Anime has been broadcasting since October 2020.

On December 2nd (Wednesday), the second batch of TV Anime insert songs has been released, continuing the first batch which was released on November 18th (Wednesday). For its commemoration, we are asking everyone in Nijigasaki High School Idol Club (from now on referred as Nijigasaki) about OP songs, ED songs, and their impressions about each of their solo songs.

This time, we are interviewing Sashide Maria, voice actress of Emma Verde, who performed “La Bella Patria” in episode 5.

The emotional feeling of connecting everyone’s “Each of everyone’s dreams”! OP song: “Niji-iro Passions!”

--Please tell us about the OP Song of TV Anime Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club: “Niji-iro Passions!”.

The first time I heard it, it really felt like “The song of beginning!”.

The moment I listened to it, I felt all kinds of emotions, and it makes me want to start running, it really has vibe of an “OP song”. Just by listening to it once, I can already know why they made the OP song like that, and I think it’s really good.

--For the recording, what did you feel when you sang your part, Sashide-san?

When I sang the “Yes, I believe so~” part, I felt my chest tightened.

Nijigasaki is all about solo activities and concert, so there are many moments where we were supposed to stand on the stage alone.

But, even though I’m standing on the stage by myself, I feel like “Everyone” is together with me all the time.

And then, when we connected each of everyone’s dreams, I believe something new will born from it. Those lyrics really show what Nijigasaki is, that’s what I think.

--Connecting each of everyone’s dreams, while also doing solo activities, that’s what makes Nijigasaki, isn’t it?

That’s right!

Everyone has different things they want to do, different feelings they hold on to, and different dreams to chase. And that’s why connecting each of everyone’s dreams is such a beautiful thing.

That is why I really love it! So emotional!

“Separated into each own’s path”, is what makes us able to keep moving forward. ED song: “NEO SKY, NEO MAP!”

--What do you think of the ED song “NEO SKY, NEO MAP!”?

This song is also very beautiful, isn’t it?

I’d say this song isn't quite like an ED song, because most songs use slow tempo that’s suited for when an episode ends, while this song doesn’t feel like that.

--Do you have any favorite line?

“Now, from here on~” from the chorus!

This song says “Separated into each own’s path”. When I first look at it, it just feels lonely, doesn’t it?

But on the contrary, for us Nijigasaki, those words expand our view whenever we heard them.

--And that’s what Nijigasaki is, right? 

That’s right. We are friends in the same club, but our goals and forms are all different. So, by being told to go on our separated way, those words really give positive vibes to all of us.

Also, the “Jump out cheerfully” line, really motivates us to do things. That song really makes want to support each other to be able to jump out cheerfully on each of our own path. I love it!

Through “La Bella Patria”, I want to convey my shining performance as a School Idol!

--Then, the single “La Bella Patria” which was showed on Episode 5 has been released. The translation would be The Beautiful Homeland, but first please tell us about your impression when you heard the song for the first time.

When I listened to it for the first time, I thought they made a mistake and sent me the song that was supposed to be sung by everyone in Nijigasaki.

But when I checked it, it was really Emma’s solo song. I said in my heart “Wah~~!!!” (laughs)

--So, it surprised you that the song was not Nijigasaki’s song, but Emma’s solo song?

Well, I was really surprised.

Until now, there are a lot of her songs that has the gentle impression of “Getting close together”, but this song has a feeling of holding hands together while saying “Let’s go!”.

Emma-chan has been wanting to be a school idol, that’s why she came to Japan from Switzerland. There are times when she can’t do things right and feeling nervous, but she still wants to chase after her dreams she loves so much.

“La Bella Patria” is about her desire to convey her sparkling performance to her hometown as a school idol that she admires so much.

I’m sure I’ve sung it with Emma-chan’s passion and warm feelings!

--Finally, please say some messages for the fans.

For Emma-chan, “La Bella Patria” is the song of beginning, the song is filled with the glimpse of hope of her hard work.

“I want to take a step forward.” “I want to try my best.” If this song can somehow give a push to others to chase after their dreams, even just a little, Emma-chan and I would be glad.

You can listen to the full version starting today, so please give it a listen!

Comments